Welcome to EasyGo PRO safety for PRO, we created this technology platform and we want pros to be safe — and for EasyGo PRO to be a safe place for everyone. Here’s how you can prioritize your safety before, during and after a job.
Set clear expectations
Ask questions and set expectations with the customer before you take a job. make the best of yourself and, get everything in writing. A written agreement is the best way to make sure you’re on the same page. Include details like the who, what, where and cost of the project.
If a written agreement isn’t possible, cover these things with the customer before you get to the job:
- Work environment. Discuss who’ll be in the house and where you’ll be working.
- Job expectations. Make sure you know what the work will involve and that you can do it.
- Payment. Talk about how much you charge and the method of payment in advance. This will help avoid potentially awkward situations at the end of the job when you ask to be paid.
Trust your gut
We at EasyGo PRO works hard to screen requests, but you should also be on the lookout. If something feels off, it probably is.
- Avoid suspicious or spammy requests. For example, the customer name sounds fake. Or the customer asks you for your bank account for no reason. Don’t respond to these requests — report them to us instead.
- Report discriminatory requests. EasyGo PRO has a Non-Discrimination Policy at EasyGo PRO we value good work and a job well done — not what you look like, who you love or what you believe in. Tell us if you feel a request is discriminatory, so we can investigate it.
- Tell someone before you start a new job. Share where you’ll be working and when. Make sure your phone is always charged and near you in case of an emergency.
- Remove yourself from dangerous situations. If something isn’t right, leave immediately. We care about your safety. If you let us know you left a job because you felt unsafe, we won’t hold it against you.
- Call 911 in case of an emergency. If there is an imminent threat to someone’s health or safety, call 911 immediately. When safe to do so, please report these issues to us.
Tell us if something happened
Please tell us if something happens with a job you found on the platform EasyGo PRO. We’ll work with you to resolve concerns, big or small.
Below are some resources to keep in mind for either yourself or others that you may work with.
Household Worker Rights
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Rape, Abuse, Incest National Hotline
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- National Center For Missing and Exploited Children Cyber Tipline
Please note that, as a marketplace, EasyGo PRO does not control the actions of any pro or customer using our service. You can visit our help center to learn more about trust and safety. For more information on how EasyGo PRO works, click here.