Paying for leads
There are different types of leads:
- Exact match: A lead that matches your targeting preferences.
- Partial match: A lead that matches some (but not all) of your preferences. You only pay when you send a quote.
How much leads cost
Our goal is to make lead costs match how valuable a job is. And because a job’s value can change based on things like project size, how many pros are available, and your market, lead prices vary too. All opportunities show prices upfront. You only pay the price shown
You can get an idea of lead cost three ways:
- Look for prices upfront. Before you send an estimate, we always show the cost upfront at job details or quote template depend on what you use app version or destop.
- Your receipt. You can find the cost per leads on your receipt.
- Check your payment history. You’ll find a record of all the leads you’ve paid for along with the customers’ names.
Here is how you send quote:
- We send you customer requests that match your location, travel preferences, and services.
- Choose a customer request and respond with your quote.
- Create your quote and click Send.
- You always need a credit card on file to complete the sending process.
- Enter your payment information and click Submit Payment and Send Quote.
- We recommend pros to follow up with customers after sending a quote calls or text messages (some customers has preferences )
Respond quick and professional, don’t think twice it’s your time!
Customers like pros that not only show interest but prove they are the right pros to do the job
While you may not win every single job, our goal is for you to earn enough from the jobs you win that it’s worth it for you to continue using EasyGo PRO.
Remember, you only pay for the initial lead — there’s no charge for any follow-up chats, jobs, or referrals from that customer. And you never pay for subscriptions, commission, or window-shoppers.